Sunday, January 30, 2011

A little Sunshine Works Wonders

Two days of bliss and sunshine. I could almost pretend I'm in Hawaii again...well almost. It's amazing what a little sun will do to brighten the spirit. I know I'm not the only one ready for spring. Most of us have seen more snow this past month than we've seen in a lifetime. My electric blanket has become my constant companion during these past couple of months, and I'm happy to say I haven't used it once this weekend. I hope spring comes quickly. There are buds on the trees, albeit tight, shriveled ones but buds nevertheless.

"You'll get used to the cold," people tell me. If I'd wanted to get used to the cold, I would've moved to Alaska! This is supposed to be the South, for goodness sakes. I wish the weather would get the memo. Okay, I'll stop complaining. Here's hoping for more continued warm weather this week.

No comments: